Yes yes y’all…I went to HoneyFig again! I was done work, and had to wait for Andrew (aka hubby, aka babes).
I said to him “OK, I’ll go to HoneyFig”.
He said “Try not to be tempted to buy too much.”
I said, “Not toooo much…”
And with that, off I went. My immediate needs were:
- something to give me a little extra hold for twisted/braided out styles
- something non-eczema-inducing for Akeylah that I could use in her hair and on her skin
I have to say, every time I have been to HoneyFig, I’ve been met with really helpful folks who seem very informed about the products they sell. You gotta love that.
Here’s what I got:
- As I Am – Twist Defining Cream. You can look forward to a review of this in the coming days. Give me some time to wash my hair y’all.
- Mixed Chicks: Kids Shampoo. Although this is not a completely organic product, I still got it, because it is tear free and contains no sulphates. It can also be used as a body wash – so says the bottle. We’ll see how Miss Akeylah feels about it.
- Dudu-Osun Black Soap: In talking to my expert and super-fabulous salesgirl about Akeylah’s eczema, she talked about the benefits of African black soap. I’ve never used it before, so I decided to give that a try. The whole household is probably going to use this, starting today.
So there you have it folks. My small haul and a teaser of some reviews you can expect soon.